Sunday, 23 December 2012
By Grace. on 00:35
I always like it when an album is a body of work, or if it shows some connection between either the songs or the artist's state of mind. It all sounds a bit pretentious doesn't it, but then you'd see what I mean if you listen to Jojo's EP Agape.
It's been almost 10 years since she first released music and my word a lot has changed (as her swearing and just the general growth of her style suggest), but I'm pretty damn excited for her, because her EP gives me a snapshot of the love I had for Nostalgia, ultra and Take Care: more than just music, but interludes and poems.
The themes, the lyrics, the production and her attitude (basically everything) have matured and all of that is held up by the mighty cords that form her voice.
Agápē - Complex Listening Party Stream by JOJOofficial
It's available for download here.
Posted in 2012, Agape EP, Joanna Levesque, Jojo | No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Originally posted on The Agenda Soulection signee, and up-and-coming producer Dpat is a magician. Thus, his conceptions can only b...
-
Kwabs live is nothing short of celestial. He took to the stage and hypnotised eyes were trained on him like we were his faithful congrega...
-
Due to all the hype surrounding it and a little bit of narcissicm I haven't listened to Mirrorwriting nearly as much as I should have. ...
-
You know that thing where you hear a song and become obsessed? You know the odd rhyme that you utter before the song has the chance. You do...
-
"The song drifts into a daydream, complete with beautifully warped drones that wrap around Anderson’s voice. The song is sparse bu...
-
I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of T...
© 2014 Grace Shutti. Powered by Blogger.
Contact
Feel free to drop me an email for submissions to graceshutti@gmail.com

0 comments:
Post a Comment