I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of The Weeknd later on the same stage, the sensual urgency that is her voice fell on that crowd like the Holy Spirit in a black church. Mesmerising. As demonstarted in Go, the songstress has a knack for recreating familiar chorus lines on her own terms, this time reimagining the whole of Minnie Ripperton's song of the same name. I live for the moments her voice soars so high you'd think the frequency was beyond you and then she pushes you that little bit further. Her voice is the definition of la petite mort. Her Album From The Roots Up is out 30th July.
Thursday, 12 July 2012
By Grace. on 22:30
I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of The Weeknd later on the same stage, the sensual urgency that is her voice fell on that crowd like the Holy Spirit in a black church. Mesmerising. As demonstarted in Go, the songstress has a knack for recreating familiar chorus lines on her own terms, this time reimagining the whole of Minnie Ripperton's song of the same name. I live for the moments her voice soars so high you'd think the frequency was beyond you and then she pushes you that little bit further. Her voice is the definition of la petite mort. Her Album From The Roots Up is out 30th July.
Posted in 2012, Atlantic Records, Breathe, Delilah, From The Roots Up, Go, Inside My Love, Wireless 2012 | No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Originally posted on The Agenda Soulection signee, and up-and-coming producer Dpat is a magician. Thus, his conceptions can only b...
-
Kwabs live is nothing short of celestial. He took to the stage and hypnotised eyes were trained on him like we were his faithful congrega...
-
Due to all the hype surrounding it and a little bit of narcissicm I haven't listened to Mirrorwriting nearly as much as I should have. ...
-
You know that thing where you hear a song and become obsessed? You know the odd rhyme that you utter before the song has the chance. You do...
-
"The song drifts into a daydream, complete with beautifully warped drones that wrap around Anderson’s voice. The song is sparse bu...
-
I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of T...
© 2014 Grace Shutti. Powered by Blogger.
Contact
Feel free to drop me an email for submissions to graceshutti@gmail.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment