I really do apologise for not posting much. I'm slowly realising that the only music I listen to is my set pieces for A2 music. If you're actually interested in what I'm doing check out John Cage, 20th Century music revolutionary: he messed aound with a piano and the end result was a cross between classical music and your favourite african cross rhythms. If you only knew how complex his writing structure is. Paul Epworth also attempted to get Cage's 4'33'' to number 1 last Christmas, so if he's good enough for one of the best British producers right now he's good enough for me.
To tide you over during my periods of absence my friend Dan has an amazing blog that he updates regularly and has the some of the most honest interviews and past and present music finds that you can find on the Internet.
Now to some actual solid music, Jamie XX is an underground legend right now, and there are countless fans hoping he'll never go back to the band, but here is his 6 Mix just in case he does.
Wednesday, 2 November 2011
By Grace. on 21:56
Posted in 2011, 6 mix, dan muldoon, Jamie XX, john cage, paul epworth, the xx | No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Originally posted on The Agenda Soulection signee, and up-and-coming producer Dpat is a magician. Thus, his conceptions can only b...
-
Kwabs live is nothing short of celestial. He took to the stage and hypnotised eyes were trained on him like we were his faithful congrega...
-
Due to all the hype surrounding it and a little bit of narcissicm I haven't listened to Mirrorwriting nearly as much as I should have. ...
-
You know that thing where you hear a song and become obsessed? You know the odd rhyme that you utter before the song has the chance. You do...
-
"The song drifts into a daydream, complete with beautifully warped drones that wrap around Anderson’s voice. The song is sparse bu...
-
I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of T...
© 2014 Grace Shutti. Powered by Blogger.
Contact
Feel free to drop me an email for submissions to graceshutti@gmail.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment