I am Nigerian, and as much as I love to ridicule some of our 'cultural differences', what I will say is that when our music is good, it's really good.
If you haven't been living under a rock you may have head of Afrobeats; the genre respnsible for Oliver Twist and U Go Kill Me. This track comes from Afrikan Boy who absolutely dismantled life with Lidl and his collaboration with M.I.A. on Hussel. His EP, Alhajis with Nairas is on its way, but for now here's a refix of a song by the late Da Grin.
His flow is hard. The beat is sick. Half of it is in fact in Yoruba and Pidgin English, but of you don't understand it, it really does matter. It's just a standard demonstration of cultural crossover. And if you listen carefully, you may learn a few things.
Afrikan Boy FT Da C Toh Bad - Pon (RADIO MIX) by AFRIKANBOY
Saturday, 4 February 2012
By Grace. on 20:48
Posted in 2012, Afrikan Boy, Alhajis with Nairas, Azonto, D'banj, Da C, Da C Toh Bad, Da Grin, M.I.A., Oliver Twist, Pon, Pon Pon Pon, remix, Sarkodie, U Go Kill Me, Zane Lowe | No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Originally posted on The Agenda Soulection signee, and up-and-coming producer Dpat is a magician. Thus, his conceptions can only b...
-
Kwabs live is nothing short of celestial. He took to the stage and hypnotised eyes were trained on him like we were his faithful congrega...
-
Due to all the hype surrounding it and a little bit of narcissicm I haven't listened to Mirrorwriting nearly as much as I should have. ...
-
You know that thing where you hear a song and become obsessed? You know the odd rhyme that you utter before the song has the chance. You do...
-
"The song drifts into a daydream, complete with beautifully warped drones that wrap around Anderson’s voice. The song is sparse bu...
-
I had the privilege of seeing this talented lady at Wireless last Sunday and while her set was overshadowed by the looming presence of T...
© 2014 Grace Shutti. Powered by Blogger.
Contact
Feel free to drop me an email for submissions to graceshutti@gmail.com

0 comments:
Post a Comment